Sephora VIB Sale Wishlist 2018
The best time of year is among us! It’s time for the Fall Sephora VIB Sale. If you didn’t know, starting November 9th (well, October 26th if you’re blessed enough to be VIB Rouge), Sephora Beauty Insiders will receive a 15% discount on their entire purchase, and VIB and VIB Rouge will receive a 20% discount. This is the best time of the year to either hoard your expensive favorites or to try out some new products you’ve been eyeing but couldn’t seem to pull the trigger on. If you need recommendations, I did an entire video on my YouTube channel about products to check out. Without further ado, let me share my current cart and wish list for this year’s sale!
1. Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Bomb Baby Mini Lip and Face Set ($23): If you’ve been following me for a while, you’d know the Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb in Fenty Glow is my all-time favorite lip gloss. It gives the lips that juicy, kissable look without being too sticky or too thin and slippery. I also love the formula of the Fenty Beauty Killawatt highlights, so this little gift set and I are a match made in heaven. The set includes minis of their amazing gloss and a mini of the Hu$tla Baby highlight. For only $23, this is a steal.
2. Ole Henriksen A Brighter Truth Brightening Essentials Set ($34): I’ve been in a skincare rut lately – though my routine is working just fine, I want to switch it up a little. I’ve also been dealing with some dark marks from hormonal acne (yay for birth control). I’ve heard the brightening line from Ole Henriksen, specifically their Truth Serum, works amazingly for dark marks and hyper-pigmentation. Instead of diving right into their full sizes without knowing how they’ll react to my skin, though, I decided a starter kit with travel sizes of their products would be a nice introduction to them, and I can later pick and choose which ones I enjoy enough to purchase the full size. This kit includes a 2 oz. size of the Face the Truth Gel Cleanser, 0.5 oz. of the Truth Serum, and 1.2 oz. of the C-Rush Brightening Gel Crème. The travel size of the Truth Serum retails for $20 on its own, and for only $14 more, you’re getting substantial travel sizes of two other highly-acclaimed products.
3. Bite Beauty Sweet Treats Agave Lip Care Set ($12): This one was just too cute…I can’t not purchase it. I love Bite Beauty as a brand, so I wouldn’t mind paying substantially more for their products, since they just work so well. This little kit contains mini sizes of their Agave Lip Mask (0.18 oz.), Agave Lip Balm (0.05 oz.), and a packet of their Agave Lip Scrub (0.18 oz.). The only product of these three I haven’t tried is the lip scrub, but even if I hate it, the other two hit products makes it worth buying.
4. BareMinerals BAREPRO Performance Wear Powder Foundation in Hazelnut 25 ($30): I’ve been really into a lighter makeup look lately. For my face, sometimes all I do is put on a little concealer under the eyes and on any dark marks, and then I top it off with some powder foundation. I don’t quite have a powder foundation that actually matches my skin. Most of the ones in my collection currently are far too red-toned, and as my summer tan fades, it becomes even more noticeable that my powders don’t match me. I’ve heard amazing things about this powder, and though it’s a little pricier than what I’ve paid for powders in the past, BareMinerals produces one of my favorite as well as best matching liquid foundations. One of my favorite beauty bloggers, Nazanin Kavari, swore by this powder when she was in a more “no-makeup makeup” phase herself – and her skin always looked flawless.
5. Bite Beauty Agave Treat Trio Mini Agave Lip Mask Set ($18): Before you say (or think) it…yes. I will be purchasing two different Bite Beauty lip sets. Why? Because I freaking love their stuff. It’s amazing. This set is just of their Agave Lip Masks (0.18 oz.) in assorted “flavours.” It contains the Natural, Maple, and Candy Cane shades, and I’m sure the two flavors I haven’t yet tried are as great as the original.
6. Tarte Pamper and Prep Set ($15): I haven’t tried much from Tarte at all, but I’ve always been interested in their products, especially their Maracuja Oil. I never pulled the trigger, though, because Tarte is just one of those brands I hear such hit and miss things about. I figured now would be the best time to try while there are holiday kits out and I can get a discount. Given we’re heading into the colder months, hydrating and moisturizing skincare has been a primary focus for my cosmetic purchases. This kit has a .33 oz. size of the Drink of H2O Hydrating Boost, a 0.08 oz. size of the Maracuja C-Brighter Eye Treatment, and a 0.23 oz. size of the Maracuja Oil. While the product sizes leave much to be desired, it is on the less expensive side of holiday kits.
7. Farmacy Clean Bee Ultra Gentle Facial Cleanser ($28): If you were following me at the beginning of my website in early February, you’d know how much I resonate with the Farmacy philosophy and with their Green Clean Makeup Meltaway. I’ve since found a less expensive product that does almost the exact same job as the Green Clean, but I’m still intrigued by the brand and want to explore their other products. I’ve heard from estheticians (on Twitter) that this cleanser is a pretty good one for sensitive skin, and I’m interested in giving it a whirl.
8. Herbivore True Blue Skin Clarifying Duo ($29): Blue tansy has been a pretty trendy skincare ingredient lately, and people boast of its clarifying nature. I’ve been dealing with a little bit of texture in my skin more recently, so I’m interested in trying different masks, serums, oils, and anything else claiming to help with texture. Herbivore’s products are also on the more expensive side and they don’t offer many travel-size products in their normal lineup. Thus, this is the perfect time to try out their Blue Tansy AHA + BHA Resurfacing Clarity Mask (1 oz.) and the Lapis Balancing Facial Oil (0.3 oz.). I’ve wanted to try the Lapis oil for a while, but I just couldn’t commit $72 to the full size without knowing how it works with my skin first.
9. Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb ($38): I love this moisturizer and have had sample after sample of it, but since I had other moisturizers in my arsenal, I never purchased the full size. Until now. I only have one moisturizer in my cabinet, and I am almost done with it. Though I love my First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Moisturizer, I just need to switch it up a little bit.
10. Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Jumbo ($39): It’s no secret that this is quite literally super glue for makeup. Even though I have both a full and travel size of this setting spray, I might as well round out the trifecta with the jumbo size. Plus, I can use this to fill up the travel-size bottle of this when I know I’ll be traveling.
11. Sunday Riley Flash Fix Kit ($28): I’m torn on whether or not I will actually be purchasing this. On the one hand, people rave about Sunday Riley products. On the other hand, the brand is in the midst of a pretty nasty scandal that delegitimizes the reviews on their products. I’ve heard their Good Genes All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment (0.27 oz.) is a great chemical exfoliant for sensitive skin, since lactic acid isn’t quite as strong as the other exfoliating acids. The Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser (1 oz.) is also a fan favorite, but as I can’t use clay cleansers with my Foreo, I don’t know if this is a product I’d get much use out of. We’ll see what my heart says when I walk into the store.
12. Laneige Kiss and Makeup Set ($28): I quite love the Laniege lip masks as well, and they’ve come out with limited edition flavors! I’m a sucker for a “collect them all” type of product. This set comes with a full size of their original Lip Sleeping Mask, and mini sizes (0.1 oz) if the flavors Apple Lime, Vanilla, and Grapefruit.
This is all I have planned to pick up so far! I’m excited for this year’s sale; what are you thinking of purchasing?
Write you little lovelies later,
XO Ky M.